Tekmar LSC 2000 Purge and Trap, Refurbished
Purge and Trap (P&T) has been used for decades to extract
volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from a solid or liquid matrix for
introduction into a Gas Chromatograph (GC) for separation and
identification. The VOCs are concentrated onto an adsorbent trap,
followed by thermal desorption into a GC. Sample matrices can range
from soil, plastics, foods, flavour, fragrance, emulsions and water.
LSC 2000 specifications:
- Furnace: Ambient to 400° C, rise
rate approximately 200° /min
- Traps: 0.123" +/- 0.002" O.D. x 12" long x
0.010" wall thickness stainless steel standard. Optional
traps include 0.125" O.D. x 1.8mm I.D. x 12" long
glass-lined stainless steel.
- Samplers: 5ml or 25 ml sampler volume. All glass construction
using medium porosity glass frits. Includes manual 3-way valve for
sample/load drain. Optional 5ml or 25ml fritless, needle sparge,
and ¾" disposable samplers can be used.
- Valving; Motor-actuated 6-port valve contained in oven for
purge and desorb cycles variable ambient to 300°
C. Solenoid-operated 2- and 3-port valves for purge, dry purge,
drain, bake and vent functions. Solenoid valves rated at 20psi.
- Tubing: All sample lines are 1/16" glass lined stainless
steel or fused silica ( 0.32mm or 0.53mm I.D. ) heated, variable
ambient to 300° C. Sample flow pathway
fittings are gold-plated. The transfer line is available in a
36", 48", or 60" length. Mount temperature is
ambient to 200° C.
- Electronic Control: CMOSv8 bit 6303 microprocessor with 64k ROM
( Read Only Memory ) and 2K RAM ( Random Access Memory ).
Parameter entry is via a tactile response panel including a
- Outputs: Four second contact closure or contact opening,
available at the start of Desorb Ready to End of Desorb.
- Inputs: Accepts contact closure, contact opening, or TTL input
to advance from purge, Ready to Purge and from Desorb Reday to
- Display: 64 x 240 pixel dot graphics LCD screen.
- Serial Interface: RS232 serial communications port permits
interface with a remote PC. Baud rate variable 150 to 19200,
Scientific Equipment Source offers a full range of products for
purchase, rental or lease. We also buy surplus laboratory equipment.