Scientific Equipment Source
4-555 Wentworth Street East
Oshawa, ON, L1H 3V8
ATR-W2, automatic microprocessor controlled critical angle refractometer
Automatic critical-angle refractometer
This SCHMIDT+HAENSCH automatic microprocessor controlled
critical angle refractometer is designed to measure refractive
index of liquid media independent of opacity, viscosity and colour.
It consists of separate electronic and measuring devices. A sample
volume of 0.3 ml is sufficient for measuring. The sample is simply
and easily placed by dropper or pouring onto the Peltier-thermostable
sapphire prism. The prism is illuminated by long life
yellow LED and the angle of total reflection is detected by
diode array which guarantees high resolution and stability.
The ATR-W2 enables to complete measurements in a quick and
simple way by using splash proofed touch-in panel with four
definable keys, - START – ALPHA – PRINT – MENU – and a large
illuminated 2 lines, 20 characters graphic LCD.
The % Brix is temperature corrected within +15 to +40°C.
- Measurement of liquid media irrespective of viscosity, opacity and colour
- Electronic and measuring devices separate
- Working temperature between + 10°C and + 70°C
- Display of temperature, refractive index and % Brix,
- Chemical industry: Solvents, organic polymers, destilled products,solutions of anorganic compounds.
- Food industry: Yoghurt, jam, fruit extract, syrup, honey, coffee extract, vegetable fat, albumen, chocolate, milk, baby food etc.
- Beverage: Soft drinks, fruit juice, wine, beer.
- Medical applications: Serum, blood, urine.
- Pharmaceutical / cosmetical industry: Essences, essential oils, aromas.
- Petrochemics: Oils, fats, waxes, naphtalenes, raw oils, varnishes,paints.
- Measuring ranges: RI 1.3320 - 1.7000, Brix 0 - 95 %
- Resolution: RI 0.00002, Brix 0.02 %
- Precision: RI ± 0.00004, Brix ± 0.04 %
- Display: LCD, 2 lines, 20 characters
- Prism: Sapphire, Peltier-thermostable
- Light source: Yellow LED
- Detector: CCD-line with high resolution
- Data output: RS 232 C interface
- Parallel interface (Centronics)
- Mains connection: 90 - 130V / 190 - 230V, 48 - 62 Hz
- Dimensions: Electronic device: 225x360x150mm
- Measuring device: 210x210x120mm
- Weight: 8 kg (complete unit)